Green Camp in Marion County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
founded in June 1838 by
Incorporated 1875 as
Green Camp in honor of
Who with his army
camped in this vicinity
during the War of 1812.
Erected 1941 by Orie Mossbarger.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812.
Location. 40° 31.939′ N, 83° 12.628′ W. Marker is in Green Camp, Ohio, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of Marion-Green Camp Road (Ohio Route 739) and Mill Street, on the left when traveling west on Marion-Green Camp Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Green Camp OH 43322, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Blockhouse Site (approx. 1½ miles away); Greenville Treaty Boundary Line (approx. 4.6 miles away); Marion Steam Shovel (approx. 5.3 miles away); Harding Memorial Jacob's Well (approx. 5½ miles away); Norman Mattoon Thomas (approx. 5.8 miles away); Prospect State Route 47 Bridge (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Underground Railroad / The Marion County Trial of Bill Anderson (approx. 5.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 900 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 6, 7, 8. submitted on May 22, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio.