Folsom in Sacramento County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Wells Fargo and Company
and home of
Wells Fargo and Co.
Erected 1932 by Fern Parlor No. 123, Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 38° 40.584′ N, 121° 10.717′ W. Marker is in Folsom, California, in Sacramento County. Marker is on Sutter Street south of Wool Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is mounted on the front of the building. This building is now part of the Folsom History Museum. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 819 Sutter Street, Folsom CA 95630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Folsom Pony Express Terminus (a few steps from this marker); Folsom History Museum (a few steps from this marker); Sacramento Valley Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Car/Carpenter Shop (1863) Turning Locomotives in Folsom (within shouting distance of this marker); Turning the Trains (within shouting distance of this marker); W.L. Perkins Warehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Uses on the Rail Yard (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Folsom.
Also see . . . The Folsom History Museum. The Folsom Historical Society details the history of the area, displays historic photos and reports current exhibits. (Submitted on October 20, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 863 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 20, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 5, 6. submitted on October 22, 2010, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.