Nevada City in Nevada County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Saint Canice Catholic Church
Historic Saint Canice Catholic Church was built and first services held during 1864 under the guidance of Father John Grifin Plaque placed October 6, 1965 by Laurel Parlor No. 6 and Hydraulic Parlor No. 56 Native Daughters and Sons of the Golden West
Erected 1965 by Native Daughters and Sons of the Golden West.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is October 6, 1936.
Location. 39° 15.869′ N, 121° 1.036′ W. Marker is in Nevada City, California, in Nevada County. Marker can be reached from Washington Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 316 Washington Street, Nevada City CA 95959, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Brick Gothic Building (within shouting distance of this marker); First Brick Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nevada County Court House (about 400 feet away); Searls Law Office (about 400 feet away); Nevada Hose Co. No. 1 (about 500 feet away); Nevada City Public Library (about 500 feet away); Site of the Original Ott Assay Office (about 600 feet away); Old Wells Fargo Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nevada City.
Also see . . . St. Canice Catholic Church. Church website homepage (Submitted on October 21, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 600 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.