New Windsor in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Glass Works Site
Newburgh Glass Co 1867 72
Patented Glass From Rock
Quarried at Butter Hill
Products Included Bottles
Pocket Flasks and Insulators
Erected by Hudson Valley Bottle Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1867.
Location. 41° 28.519′ N, 74° 0.844′ W. Marker is in New Windsor, New York, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of River Road and Clinton Street, on the right when traveling north on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1106 River Road, New Windsor NY 12553, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Headquarters Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic New Windsor (approx. 0.2 miles away); Early Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Forge Hill Road (approx. 1.4 miles away); Washington’s Headquarters (approx. 1½ miles away); a different marker also named Washington’s Headquarters The Minuteman (approx. 1.6 miles away); Uzal Knapp (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Windsor.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 685 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 21, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.