Nevada City in Nevada County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Old Brick Gothic Building
Old Brick Gothic Building constructed as a congregational church in 1857. Restored by First Baptist Church. Dedicated by Laurel Parlor No. 6
Native Daughters of the Golden West
April 13, 1987
Erected 1987 by Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1861.
Location. 39° 15.839′ N, 121° 1.068′ W. Marker is in Nevada City, California, in Nevada County. Marker is on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Main Street, Nevada City CA 95959, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Brick Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Nevada County Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Searls Law Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Canice Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Nevada Hose Co. No. 1 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nevada City Public Library (about 300 feet away); Masonry in the Gold County (about 400 feet away); North Pine & Commercial (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nevada City.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 905 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.