Webb City in Jasper County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Southwest Missouri Electric Railway Company
1889 - 1939
This plaque is dedicated in memory of A. H. Rogers the founder, and the employees of the former S.W. Mo. Elec. Ry. Co., which was headquartered in Webb City, operating over a 94 mile system serving the Tri-State Mining Field from 1889 to 1939.
March 1, 1982
Erected 1982 by Former Employees, Their Families and Citizens and Businessmen of the Area.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1871.
Location. 37° 8.403′ N, 94° 27.806′ W. Marker is in Webb City, Missouri, in Jasper County. Marker can be reached from Tracy Street near Main Street. Marker is in King Jack Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 555 South Main Street, Webb City MO 64870, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Webb City (within shouting distance of this marker); Prosperity Junction Station and Street Car #60 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Kneeling Miner (within shouting distance of this marker); Number 1 Gun (approx. The Military Order of The Purple Heart (approx. Ό mile away); Welcome Visitors to Webb City, MO, Our "Gem" of the Ozarks (approx. half a mile away); Tri-State Mining District Hoist (approx. half a mile away); Tri-State Mining District Water Pump (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Webb City.
Also see . . .
1. Southwest Missouri Railroad Company. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on April 15, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
2. Webb City, Missouri. Website homepage (Submitted on October 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,257 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 30, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.