Carmel in Putnam County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Drew Ladies Seminary
Or Carmel Collegiate Institute was started by James Raymond in 1848. Daniel Drew took control in 1866 and began an expansion. Instruction ceased here in 1952.
Erected 2002 by Guideposts.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 41° 25.1′ N, 73° 40.74′ W. Marker is in Carmel, New York, in Putnam County. Marker is on Seminary Hill Road 0.1 miles south of Gleneida Court, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 39 Seminary Hill Road, Carmel NY 10512, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sybil Ludington (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sibyl Ludington (approx. 0.4 miles away); Isaac Merrick (approx. half a mile away); Marne Post 370 Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); In Memoriam (approx. half a mile away); Enoch Crosby (approx. half a mile away); County Court House (approx. half a mile away); Elisha Cole (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carmel.
Also see . . . Daniel Drew on Wikipedia. (Submitted on November 1, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 1, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 951 times since then and 97 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 1, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.