Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Kinderhook in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

House of History

 
 
House of History Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, November 1, 2010
1. House of History Marker
Inscription.  
Built in 1810 by
James Vanderpoel.
Purchased by the Columbia
County Historical Society
in 1925.

 
Erected 1959.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 42° 23.697′ N, 73° 41.96′ W. Marker is in Kinderhook, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is on Broad Street (U.S. 9), on the right when traveling south. Marker is on Broad Street, between Hudson Street and Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kinderhook NY 12106, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Martin Van Buren (within shouting distance of this marker); Kinderhook World War I Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); James Clark (about 300 feet away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (about 300 feet away); Gen. John Burgoyne (about 600 feet away); Lawrence Van Buren House (about 600 feet away); Heermance House (about 700 feet away); Old Columbia Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kinderhook.
 
Kinderhook Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, November 1, 2010
2. Kinderhook Marker
House of History image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, November 1, 2010
3. House of History
Today this house serves as headquarters for the Columbia County Historical Society.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 2, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 657 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 2, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 13, 2020