Windsor in Essex County, Ontario — Central Canada
The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray, PC., C.C., Q.C.
of Windsor in the House of Commons
from June 1962 to January 2002.
He was elected thirteen consecutive times
- a record - and set another record for continuous days
of service in the House of Commons
- 39 years, six months and 26 days. He served
as Deputy Prime Minister, from 1997.06.11 -
2002.01.14 and in 10 other Cabinet positions. Herb
Gray was born in Windsor, on May 25th, 1931
and grew up in Windsor.
Erected by the Windsor Liberal Associations.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical month for this entry is January 2002.
Location. 42° 19.212′ N, 83° 2.432′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Ontario, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Ouellette Avenue and Viale Udine, on the right when traveling north on Ouellette Avenue. This historical marker is located in the downtown area, in the community's public park, on the Detroit River, directly across the river from downtown Detroit, Michigan. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. French Settlement on the South Shore (here, next to this marker); The Detroit River (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Great Western Railway (about 180 meters away); The Francois Baby House (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); The Battle of Windsor - 1838 (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Underground Railroad in Canada (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Original Home of Major F.A. Tilston V.C. Armoury (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Gateway to Freedom (approx. 0.8 kilometers away in the U.S.). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 2, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 834 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 2, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.