DeForest in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1992 by the Class of 1967.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1896.
Location. 43° 14.869′ N, 89° 20.159′ W. Marker is in DeForest, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is on East Holum Street (County Highway DV) 0.1 miles west of North Cleveland Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 520 East Holum Street, De Forest WI 53532, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Forest Centennial (approx. Ό mile away); The De Forest Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Andreas Dahl (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of the First Well in DeForest (approx. 0.6 miles away); Token Creek (approx. 4.1 miles away); Token Creek Sedge Meadow Trail (approx. 4.4 miles away); Ella Wheeler Wilcox (approx. 4½ miles away); Maureen Mengelt Memorial (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in DeForest.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 5, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 555 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 5, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.