DeForest in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The De Forest Depot
Built in 1871
This restoration project was made possible through the dedication, generosity, and gifts of many. Special
Exterior restoration completed in 2008
Erected by the DeForest Area Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 43° 14.749′ N, 89° 20.492′ W. Marker is in DeForest, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and DeForest Street, on the left when traveling south on Market Street. The marker and depot are next to the DeForest Chamber of Commerce. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 DeForest Street, De Forest WI 53532, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Forest Centennial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andreas Dahl (approx. 0.2 miles away); Our Bell (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of the First Well in DeForest (approx. 0.8 miles away); Token Creek (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ella Wheeler Wilcox (approx. 4.2 miles away); Token Creek Sedge Meadow Trail (approx. 4.3 miles away); Maureen Mengelt Memorial (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in DeForest.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 5, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 687 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 5, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.