Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Sold 1864 to John M. Parkman,
1870 to Emile Gillman.
Purchased in 1957 through a bequest from Robert Daniel Sturdivant and operated by the Sturdivant Museum Association.
Erected 1967 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
Location. 32° 24.783′ N, 87° 1.709′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is on Mabry Street south of Jeff Davis Avenue, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 713 Mabry Street, Selma AL 36701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. White - Force Cottage (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Tyler Morgan House (about 400 feet away); Mabry - Jones Home (about 500 feet away); Fairoaks Square (about 500 feet away); “Fairoaks” (about 800 feet away); Ware - Baker - Jones HouseLee - Bender - Butler House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Last Stronghold Falls (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Selma.
Regarding Sturdivant Hall. A special thanks to the Sturdivant Museum Association and staff for the allowance of photographing the interior of Sturdivant Hall. Tim Carr
Also see . . . Sturdivant Hall's website. (Submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,243 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.