Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Lee - Bender - Butler House
The Lee - Bender - Butler house was acquired by the Bender family in 1866 and later bequeathed by a Bender descendant to members of the Butler family in 1947. It was restored in 1982 by Roger and Dolly Butler.
Erected 1995 by Cahaba Trace Commission / Selma Historic Development Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 32° 24.624′ N, 87° 1.446′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Parkman Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Church Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ware - Baker - Jones House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Temple Mishkan Israel (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Est. 1838 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Highlights of Selma History / William Rufus DeVane King 1786-1853 (approx. 0.2 miles away); VII In. Brooke Rifle (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mabry - Jones Home (approx. ¼ mile away); Burning of Downtown (approx. ¼ mile away); Lieutenant John Tillman Melvin (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Selma.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 983 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.