Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Ware - Baker - Jones House
Prominent owners through the years have included Madison Jackson Williams, newspaper editor and Selma mayor 1865-66, as well as the Stollenwerck, Baker and Jones families.
Restoration 1981-83 by the C. E. Dillon Family, Named
In 1985 to honor Miss Grace Jones, a longtime occupant and owner.
Erected 1985 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1859.
Location. 32° 24.748′ N, 87° 1.43′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is on Lauderdale Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 506 Lauderdale Street, Selma AL 36701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple Mishkan Israel (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lee - Bender - Butler House (about 800 Mabry - Jones Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Tyler Morgan House (approx. ¼ mile away); Last Stronghold Falls (approx. ¼ mile away); Highlights of Selma History / William Rufus DeVane King 1786-1853 (approx. ¼ mile away); VII In. Brooke Rifle (approx. ¼ mile away); Sturdivant Hall (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Selma.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,077 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.