Near Diboll in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8720.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1866.
Location. 31° 13.04′ N, 94° 47.23′ W. Marker is near Diboll, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2497 west of Farm to Market Road 304, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Diboll TX 75941, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burke School (approx. 1.4 miles away); Burke Methodist Church (approx. 1˝ miles away); Thomas Lewis Latane Temple (approx. 2 miles away); Diboll (approx. 2.1 miles away); Old Diboll LibraryFirst Methodist Church of Diboll (approx. 2.6 miles away); Emporia (approx. 3.1 miles away); Hoshall (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Diboll.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted on the church, beside the entrance.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 11, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,139 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.