Springville in St. Clair County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Baptist Church Of Springville
Organized March 22, 1817
Charter member and first pastor was Sion Blythe
who served for 17 years.
The oldest church in St. Clair County.
Presbyterian and Methodist denominations used
the church building before turn of century.
Name of church changed to Springville Baptist, 1877
and to First Baptist Church, Springville, 1974
Erected 1977 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1877.
Location. 33° 46.884′ N, 86° 28.204′ W. Marker is in Springville, Alabama, in St. Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of Wilson Street and McGinnis Circle, on the left when traveling north on Wilson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 980 Robinson Street, Springville AL 35146, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Holly Springs School (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Cahaba Heart River of Alabama (approx. 5.2 miles away); Original Site of Pleasant Hill Methodist ChurchMount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 6.4 miles away); Town of Margaret (approx. 6.7 miles away); Liberty Church, School, and Graveyard (approx. 7.7 miles away); Wear Cemetery (approx. 8.3 miles away); Pioneer Massey Cemetery (approx. 8.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 11, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,209 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 11, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.