El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
A City Is Born
From this inauspicious beginning grew a great city at this pass of the north a crossroads of the western hemisphere. This bronze is dedicated to those who through the years have helped shape the destiny of El Paso, to its rightful place in the affairs of man, an international city of strength, warmth and continuing opportunity for all its people…our El Paso.
Erected 1973 by The State National Bank of El Paso, Texas.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 31° 45.467′ N, 106° 29.348′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 South El Paso Street, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hotel Paso Del Norte (here, next to this marker); Pioneer Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); El Paso (within shouting distance of this marker); Fray García de San Francisco (within shouting distance of this marker); El Paso's First Newspaper (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Montgomery Building (about 300 feet away); The First Kindergarten in Texas (about 300 feet away); LULAC (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 722 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.