El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
San Antonio de Senecú
the Mission and Pueblo of
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4524.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1682.
Location. 31° 42.465′ N, 106° 20.681′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is at the intersection of Alameda Avenue and Valdespino Street, on the right when traveling north on Alameda Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8476 Alameda Avenue, El Paso TX 79907, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Frank Jones (a few steps from this marker); First Mission and Pueblo in Texas (approx. Oldest Mission in Texas (approx. 1˝ miles away); Ysleta Plaza (approx. 1.6 miles away); Alderete-Candelaria House (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Camino Real (approx. 4.1 miles away); Socorro (approx. 4.1 miles away); Socorro Mission La Purísima (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,139 times since then and 150 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.