Eutaw in Greene County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
Organized by Tuscaloosa Presbytery in 1824 as Mesopotamia Presbyterian Church.
John H. Gray first minister 1826-1836
Educational Building Erected 1959
Erected 1968 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1851.
Location. 32° 50.472′ N, 87° 53.424′ W. Marker is in Eutaw, Alabama, in Greene County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 14) and Wilson Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Main Street, Eutaw AL 35462, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Welcome to Eutaw, Alabama: The Gateway To The Black Belt (approx. 0.2 miles away); A County Older Than The State, Greene County (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John’s Church (approx. 13.2 miles away); Pleasant Ridge Presbyterian Church (approx. 16.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 14, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 801 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 14, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.