Kenosha in Kenosha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Congregational Church
— 1874-1974 —
Chris George Builder
Kenosha Landmarks Commission
Kenosha County Historical Society
Erected 1974 by Kenosha Landmarks Commission Kenosha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 118.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 42° 34.858′ N, 87° 49.229′ W. Marker is in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in Kenosha County. Marker is at the intersection of 8th Avenue and 60th Street, on the right when traveling south on 8th Avenue. Marker is located on the southeast corner of the church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5934 8th Avenue, Kenosha WI 53140, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Capt. David Leet and S Sgt. James Van Bendegom (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Memorial (about 300 feet away); Gilbert M. Simmons Memorial Library (about 300 feet away); St. Matthew’s Church Reuben Deming (about 600 feet away); The First Church in Kenosha (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Orson Welles (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of the First Free School (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kenosha.
More about this marker. Marker is Wisconsin Registered Landmark No. 118, Wisconsin Council for Local History
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 17, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 528 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 17, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.