Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near West Liberty in Logan County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The First Permanent

Sunday School

 
 
The First Permanent Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Dale K. Benington, August 4, 2010
1. The First Permanent Marker
Inscription.  The first permanent Sunday School in the "Old" Mennonite Church, founded by the authority of the church, was organized in the Logan County Amish Mennonite Church, now the South Union Church, one and seven-tenths miles, northwest of this location, June 7, 1863, by Preacher David Plank assisted by Bishop Jacob C. Kenagy with the counsel of the congregation.
 
Erected 1963.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is June 7, 1854.
 
Location. 40° 16.372′ N, 83° 45.813′ W. Marker is near West Liberty, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is at the intersection of Ohio Route 507 and U.S. 68, on the left when traveling east on State Route 507. This historical marker is located in front of the South Union Mennonite Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Liberty OH 43357, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Highland Gardens Veterans Monument (approx. 0.6 miles away); Foust Addition (approx. 0.9 miles away); West Liberty Veterans Memorial (approx. one mile
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); Michael Lane Partin (approx. 1.1 miles away); West Liberty / Glover Hall (approx. 1.2 miles away); Shawnee Nation in Logan County / Shawnee Villages in Logan County (approx. 1.2 miles away); West Liberty World War I Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Hull's Trace / Moluntha (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Liberty.
 
The First Permanent Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Dale K. Benington, August 4, 2010
2. The First Permanent Marker
View of the historical marker in front of the church building.
The First Permanent Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Dale K. Benington, August 4, 2010
3. The First Permanent Marker
View looking east, down state route 508, towards US 68, of the historical marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 20, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 857 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 20, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=38250

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 27, 2024