Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Claude and Starck
1913 - 1914
Erected 1980 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 63.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1976.
Location. 43° 4.365′ N, 89° 23.049′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of South Hamilton Street and South Carroll Street, on the left when traveling south on South Hamilton Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 South Hamilton Street, Madison WI 53703, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Smith and Lamb Block (a few steps from this marker); Mohr / Christoffer Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Baskerville Apartments (within shouting distance of this marker); Way of the Cross at Cathedral Place (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); This city was planned in 1836 (about 500 feet away); What would you have seen here 14,000 years ago? (about 500 feet away); Hotel Loraine (about 500 feet away); Grace Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. This is a list of markers for buildings designed by Claude & Starck.
Additional keywords. Architecture
Credits. This page was last revised on June 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 28, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,177 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 28, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.