Templeton in San Luis Obispo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Presbyterian Church
1887 – 1987
— Historic Templeton —
Regular services began in Templeton February 6, 1887. Three months later on May 8, 1887, the First Presbyterian Church was organized by the Presbytery of San Jose with the Reverend Francis H. Robinson installed as Pastor. In 1907 the church was transferred to the Presbytery of Santa Barbara.
The West Coast Land Company gave the money for purchase of this property for the church. The original structure, built in 1888 entirely of redwood, is in an architectural style of the period. The entire cost, including the lot was $2,500.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 35° 32.912′ N, 120° 42.434′ W. Marker is in Templeton, California, in San Luis Obispo County. Marker is on 6th Street near Crocker Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is mounted to the right of the entrance door on 6th Street. Church is located on the corner of 6th Street and Crocker Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23 6th Street, Templeton CA 93465, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within In Memoriam (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Templeton Carriage Works (about 700 feet away); Museum Property / Horstman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bethel Lutheran Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Carlton Hotel (approx. 4.6 miles away); Atascadero Administration Building (approx. 4.7 miles away); Sunken Gardens (approx. 4.7 miles away); Chumash and Salinan Nations Village Site (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Templeton.
Also see . . . Templeton Historical Museum Society. History of Templeton with photos and additional information. (Submitted on November 29, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 508 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 29, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.