Nanticoke Post No. 6
Nanticoke Post No. 6 was built in log cabin style with lumber hauled here by teams of horses. The fireplace was built of stone taken from the site of the 18th century Cape Henlopen Lighthouse. The Post was formally dedicated on June 6, 1953.
Erected 1997 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-114.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations.
Location. 38° 38.674′ N, 75°
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Killed in Action Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Forty & Eight Boxcar (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Governor William H. H. Ross (about 300 feet away); Gateway to Freedom: The Tilly Escape (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John's United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Seaford Fire Department (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Seaford.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 2, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 556 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 2, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.