Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-8.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 41.233′ N, 83° 20.733′ W. Marker is in Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is on North Railroad Avenue 0 miles east of Magnolia Street (Georgia Route 96), on the left Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ezekiel Wimberley (here, next to this marker); Richland Baptist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); Geographic Center of Georgia (approx. 5.6 miles away); Marion (approx. 5.6 miles away); Myricks Mill (approx. 7.6 miles away); Dudley M. Hughes (approx. 8.4 miles away); Intersection of Carolina West Florida, and Savannah Lower Creek Indian Trails (approx. 9.6 miles away); Arthur Fort, 1750-1833 (approx. 9.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jeffersonville.
Regarding Twiggs County. The New Georgia Encyclopedia entry for Twiggs County is here:
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 5, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 559 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 5, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.