Cusseta in Chattahoochee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 026-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1820.
Location. 32° 18.378′ N, 84° 46.596′ W. Marker is in Cusseta, Georgia, in Chattahoochee County. Marker is on Broad Street (Georgia Route 520) 0 miles east of Lafayette Road, on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 377 Broad Street, Cusseta GA 31805, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kasihta (Cusseta) (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Veterans (a few steps from this marker); VFW Post 5000 (within shouting distance of this marker); Chattahoochee County Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cusseta School (approx. ¼ mile away); Louvale Church Row (approx. 9.4 miles away); Antioch Institute (approx. 9.4 miles away); Fryar Field (approx. 10½ miles away in Alabama). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cusseta.
Regarding Chattahoochee County. A new courthouse was built in 1979. The original 1854 courthouse was moved to Westville, the reconstructed 1850s town in nearby Stewart County, where it was restored by the State Bar of Georgia.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 748 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.