Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Illinois Cavalry Camp
Stewart's and Carmichael's Companies -- McClernand's Division
— Army of the Tennessee —
(Stewart's & Carmichael's Cos.)
McClernand's (1st) Division,
Army of the Tennessee.
April 6, 1862.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number A18.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
Location. 35° 8.336′ N, 88° 20.832′ W. Marker is in Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Corinth-Pittsburg Landing Road Extension 0.1 miles north of Corinth Road, on the right when traveling north. On trail 100 yards east of McClernand's Division Monument, in Shiloh National Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Division, Army of the Tennessee (within shouting distance of this marker); McClernand's Headquarters (within shouting distance of this marker); Bankhead's Tennessee Battery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 14th Illinois Infantry 12th Tennessee Infantry (about 300 feet away); 25th Indiana Infantry Regiment (about 300 feet away); 4th Tennessee Infantry (about 400 feet away); Rousseau's Brigade (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 9, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 343 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 9, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.