Clayton in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Clayton
Erected 1997 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-59.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives, and the Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) series lists. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1861.
Location. 39° 17.5′ N, 75° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clayton DE 19938, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clayton Veterans Park (a few steps from this marker); Byrd's African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dedicated To All Who Served (approx. 0.4 miles away); "First in the World" (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site of the Duck Creek Society of Friends (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Peter's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named "First in the World" (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named St. Peter's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clayton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 706 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. 3, 4. submitted on December 16, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.