Smyrna in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Following many years of use by a variety of businesses, the adjoining store was removed in 1975. On December 10, 1981, The Barracks was formally conveyed to the Duck Creek
Erected 2003 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-85.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1924.
Location. 39° 18.024′ N, 75° 36.359′ W. Marker is in Smyrna, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 South Main Street, Smyrna DE 19977, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Gray Box Chateau (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Smyrna Opera House and Old Town Hall (about 400 feet away); The Delaware House (about 500 feet away); Site of Green Pottery (about 600 feet away); Citizens' Hose Company No. 1. Inc. (about 700 feet away); The John Cummins Mansion (about 800 feet away); Home of Allen McLane (about 800 feet away); School District No. 5 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Smyrna.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 719 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.