Gadsden in Etowah County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
In 1901 Dr. and Mrs. Charles L. Gunn purchased the property. It remained in that family until the death of their daughter, Carolyn Gunn Bellenger in 1990, who had bequeathed the house to the city of Gadsden.
(Listed in the National Register of Historic Places February 19, 1993)
Erected in 1993 by the City of Gadsden, Steve A. Means, Mayor And The Etowah Historical Society
Erected 1993 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Location. 34° 0.834′ N, 86° 0.898′ W. Marker is in Gadsden, Alabama, in Etowah County. Marker is at the intersection of Chestnut Street and South 9th Street, on the right when traveling east on Chestnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 872 Chestnut Street, Gadsden AL 35901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Colonel Hood House (within shouting distance of this marker); William Luther Sibert Major General U.S. Army (Ret.) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eleventh Street School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Congregation Beth Israel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Etowah County, Alabama (approx. 0.2 miles away); The North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Gadsden Times-News Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); Gadsden Amphitheater (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gadsden.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: Notable Buildings
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,023 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on December 19, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.