Perdue Hill in Monroe County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Masonic Lodge No. 3
Erected in 1824 with funds from a public lottery. Lower floor served as a Baptist Church and a Court Room in which William B Travis, then a resident of Claiborne, practiced law. Visited by General LaFayette April 6, 1825
Moved to its present location in 1884.
Preserved by the Perdue Hill’s Womans Club
Erected 1971 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Notable Buildings.
Location. 31° 31.004′ N, 87° 29.815′ W. Marker is in Perdue Hill, Alabama, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 84 and County Route 1, on the left when traveling west on U.S. 84. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Perdue Hill AL 36470, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William B. Travis House (within shouting distance of this marker); Perdue Hill Industrial School (approx. 0.7 miles away); Fort Claiborne (approx. 2 miles away); Claiborne Piache (approx. 2.2 miles away); Dellet-Bedsole Plantation (approx. 3.8 miles away); John Murphy (approx. 7.3 miles away); Frisco City Town Park (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perdue Hill.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 20, 2010. This page has been viewed 886 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 20, 2010. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.