Felton in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Felton
Erected 1995 by Delaware State Archives. (Marker Number K-54.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1859.
Location. 39° 0.517′ N, 75° 34.57′ W. Marker is in Felton Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Felton DE 19943, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honor and Remember (within shouting distance of this marker); Felton Railroad Station (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rescue House of Prayer (approx. 0.2 miles away); Captain Jonathan Caldwell (approx. ¾ mile away); Geographic Center of Delaware (approx. 1.7 miles away); North Murderkill Hundred (approx. 2.2 miles away); Immigrant Jewish Farmers (approx. 2½ miles away); Laws Chapel (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Felton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 737 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.