Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battles and Engagements of the Delaware Regiment
Battles around New York City and Environs, 1776-1779
1. Long Island, August 27, 1776
2. Throg's Neck, October 12-18, 1776
3. Mamaroneck Raid, October 22, 1776
4. White Plains, October 28, 1776
5. Retreat across New Jersey, November-December 1776
6. Trenton, December 26, 1776
7. Staten Island, August 22, 1777
8. Stony Point, July 16, 1779
Philadelphia Campaign, 1777-1778
1. Brandywine, September 11, 1777
2. Germantown, October 4, 1777
3. Monmouth, June 28, 1778
The Southern Campaign in the Carolinas, 1780-1782
1. Camden, August 16, 1780
2. The Cowpens, January 17, 1781
3. Guilford Courthouse, March 15, 1781
4. Hobkirk's Hill, April 25, 1781
5. Ninety-Six, May 22-June 19, 1781
6. Eutaw Springs, September 8, 1781
7. Skirmishing and Maneuvering, Fall 1781-Fall 1782
Erected by The State of Delaware.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical date for this entry is January 17, 1777.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bayonets of the Revolution (here, next to this marker); The Delaware Continentals (here, next to this marker); The Delaware Regiment (here, next to this marker); Delaware's Medal of Honor Recipients (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Delaware's Medal of Honor Recipients (within shouting distance of this marker); The Congressional Medal of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); Dover Light Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); World War II Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2022. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,362 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 20, 2022, by Adam Margolis of Mission Viejo, California. 2. submitted on January 15, 2011, by Nathan Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. 3. submitted on May 30, 2022, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.