Passaic in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
between the Hackensack and
Passaic Rivers, were ordered
by Washington, Nov. 21, 1776,
to cross the Passaic here.
After dismantling the bridge,
they marched across Jersey.
The Tap House often
was used as a headquarters.
Erected 2010 by Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary.
Location. 40° 51.41′ N, 74° 7.395′ W. Marker is in Passaic, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Avenue and Prospect Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Avenue. Marker is located in Armory Park in Passaic. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Passaic NJ 07055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nassau Hall Academy (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Henry Garritse (about 600 feet away); Post Grave Monument (about 700 feet away); The Land Upon Which We Pray (about 700 feet away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument Daughters of the American Revolution (about 700 feet away); General John J. Pershing (about 800 feet away); The Blanchard House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Passaic.
Also see . . . Washington's Retreat Through Jersey. (Submitted on January 15, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 483 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 15, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.