Auburn in Lee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Auburn - Alabama
from Harris County, Georgia, in 1836.
This region was opened to settlement
in 1836-37 by the removal of the
Creek Indians to lands west
of the Mississippi River.
The Alabama Officers Club
Daughters of the American Revolution
March 14, 1934
Erected 1934 by Alabama Officers Club, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is March 14, 1934.
Location. 32° 36.38′ N, 85° 28.905′ W. Marker is in Auburn, Alabama, in Lee County. Marker is at the intersection of South College Street (Alabama Route 147) and Magnolia Avenue, in the median on South College Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn AL 36830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Auburn 1865~Present / The "Loveliest Village" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The LatheThe East Alabama Methodist College (about 600 feet away); Auburn United Methodist Church Founder's Chapel (about 700 feet away); Auburn University Chapel (about 700 feet away); City Hall (about 800 feet away); Auburn WWI Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); East Alabama Male College (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auburn.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 21, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,307 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 21, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.