Marcellus in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Frame House
Erected 1941 by NYS Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1799.
Location. 42° 58.95′ N, 76° 20.25′ W. Marker is in Marcellus, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on West Seneca Turnpike (Main Street) (Route 175) just east of North Street (U.S. 174), on the right when traveling west. Near the Big M Market. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21 East Main Street, Marcellus NY 13108, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Sawmill (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Old Hotel (about 400 feet away); The Great Genesee Road (about 400 feet away); Site of First Church Edifice (about 600 feet away); Site of Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marcellus World Wars Memorial Steadman House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Marcellus Park (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marcellus.
Also see . . .
1. History of the Town of Marcellus. The Beach family were very prominent early residents of Marcellus, having started the town. They owned several businesses in addition to the medical practices of both Dr. Elnathan Beach and his brother Dr. Bildad Beach. (Submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, (Submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York.)
2. Dr, Elnathan Beach- Early physician-Marcellus, NY. (Submitted on February 5, 2011.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2011. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.