Chestertown in Kent County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland State Highway Administration.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1878.
Location. 39° 7.189′ N, 76° 8.776′ W. Marker is in Chestertown, Maryland, in Kent County. Marker is on Quaker Neck Road (Maryland Route 289) near Cliffs City Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5169 Quaker Neck Road, Chestertown MD 21620, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Martin Wagner (approx. 4.1 miles away); Rock Hall, Maryland (approx. 4.9 miles away); Captain Lambert Wickes (approx. 4.9 miles away); Stanley B. Vansant Memorial (approx. 4.9 miles away); St. Paul's Oak Tree Rock Hall Landing (approx. 5.3 miles away); Bounty Below (approx. 5.6 miles away); Right Place, Right Time (approx. 5.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Cliffs Schoolhouse. Cliffs Schoolhouse is the last remaining one-room schoolhouse in Kent County. It was erected in 1878 to serve this farming community and was used until 1939. The building has been preserved in its original condition and is furnished with many of its original furnishings. (Submitted on February 10, 2011.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 10, 2011, by Bob Marshall of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 617 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 10, 2011, by Bob Marshall of Baltimore, Maryland. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A Close-Up Clear picture of the marker. • Can you help?