Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Church of Christ, Scientist
Frank M. Riley
— 1929 —
Erected 1980 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 61.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission series list.
Location. 43° 4.649′ N, 89° 23.243′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and East Gorham Street, on the right when traveling north on Wisconsin Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison WI 53703, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Madison Masonic Temple (here, next to this marker); Steensland House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Quisling Towers Apartments (about 400 feet away); Keyes House (about 500 feet away); Pierce House (about 500 feet away); Bashford House (about 500 feet away); Period Garden Park (about 500 feet away); Mansion Hill Historic District (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. This is a list of markers for buildings designed by Riley.
Additional keywords. Architecture; Georgian Revival
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 12, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 711 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 12, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.