Near Cochran in Bleckley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Evergreen Baptist Church
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 012-3.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 27.177′ N, 83° 22.873′ W. Marker is near Cochran, Georgia, in Bleckley County. Marker is on Golden Isles Highway (U.S. 23) 0.3 miles north of Coley Station Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1726 US Highway 23, Cochran GA 31014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Longstreet Methodist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Uchee Path (approx. 4.6 miles away); In Memory of Perry L. Johnson (approx. 4.8 miles away); Dedicated to the Memory of James (Jim) Earnest Cook (approx. 4.8 miles away); Bleckley County (approx. 4.8 miles away); Sgt. John F. Conner, Sr. (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lucian A. Whipple (approx. 4.8 miles away); Tarversville (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cochran.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 16, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 16, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.