Town of Albion in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1960 by Wisconsin Historical Society
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 42° 52.8′ N, 89° 4.227′ W. Marker is in Town of Albion, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is on Campus Lane, 0.1 miles west of Edgerton Road (Wisconsin Highway 106), on the left when traveling west. Located in Albion Park, between Academy Drive and Edgerton Road, just west of County Highway A. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 605 Campus Lane, Edgerton WI 53534, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sheepskin School (a few steps from this marker); Sterling North (a few steps from this marker); Wisconsin's Tobacco Land (approx. 4.2 miles away); Koshkonong (approx. 5.2 miles away); Rockdale Mill (approx. 6.7 miles away); East Park Historic District (approx. 7.6 miles away); Main Street Historic District (approx. 7.9 miles away); Lorine Niedecker (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Town of Albion.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 21, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 810 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 21, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.