Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Bernard's Catholic Church
1926 - 1927
Erected 1981 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 66.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1907.
Location. 43° 5.643′ N, 89° 20.7′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of Atwood Avenue and Corry Street, on the left when traveling east on Atwood Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2450 Atwood Avenue, Madison WI 53704, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers "Elmside" (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Herman J. Loftsgordon House (about 700 feet away); Steinle Turret Machine Co. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lizard Effigy Mound (approx. ¼ mile away); Lt. Gerald Stull USAF (approx. 0.3 miles away); Corry Carriage House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Riley House (approx. 0.3 miles away); "Let The Great Spirits Soar" (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. This is a list of markers for buildings designed by John Flad.
Also see . . . Madison Landmarks Commission. The landmark nomination form for the building. (Submitted on March 12, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 12, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 816 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 12, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.