Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1st Drive-In Filling Station
Erected 2000 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1913.
Location. 40° 27.563′ N, 79° 55.834′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Baum Boulevard (Pennsylvania Route 380) and South St. Clair Street, on the right when traveling east on Baum Boulevard. Located in the Friendship/East Liberty Section of Pittsburgh. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15206, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Motor Square Garden (approx. 0.2 miles away); Suburban Catalyst (approx. 0.3 miles away); Portal of Industry East Liberty Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Highwood (approx. 0.4 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sacred Heart Church (approx. half a mile away); World War II Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . 1st Drive-In Filling Station - Behind The Marker. (Submitted on March 16, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 842 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3, 4. submitted on April 29, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.