Sedona in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Jordan Sales Building
City of Sedona Landmark No. 5
Built circa 1938 by George Jordan as a co-op retail outlet for fruit produced and marketed by local orchard farmers, including George and his brother Walter. It was a key part in the early commercial development of Uptown Sedona and is a good example of the use of native red rock in architecture.
Erected by City of Sedona. (Marker Number 5.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1938.
Location. 34° 52.357′ N, 111° 45.452′ W. Marker is in Sedona, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker is on State Highway 89A, on the right when traveling north. The City of Sedona straddles the Yavapai County/Coconino County line. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 470 North Highway 89A, Sedona AZ 86336, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rollie's Camera (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carl Richards' Garage (approx. ¼ mile away); Van Deren Ranch (approx. 0.3 miles away); Orchards (1890 - 1970) (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sedona Fire & Police Departments First Settlers (approx. 0.4 miles away); Grasshopper Flat (approx. 0.4 miles away); Roads (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sedona.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 891 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.