Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Ramsey House Plantation
J.G.M. Ramsey, A.M.,M.D
March 25, 1797
Annals of Tennessee
Erected 1927 by Bonny Kate Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Arts, Letters, Music. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1864.
Location. 35° 57.997′ N, 83° 49.436′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on Thorngrove Pike east of E Gove John Sevier Hwy (Tennessee Route 168), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2614 Thorngrove Pike, Knoxville TN 37914, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ramsey House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Ramsey House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Asbury Methodist Church (approx. one mile away); Lebanon in the Fork (approx. 1.4 miles away); Riverdale School Speedway Circle (approx. 3.6 miles away); First African American Church (approx. 4 miles away); Odd Fellows Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
Also see . . . Official Website of the Ramsey House Plantation. Ramsey House Plantation is a 1797 historic house museum open to the public through guided tours. The site includes a Visitor Center that houses a museum shop, exhibits, and ticket sales. With over 100 acres, the site hosts picnic areas and heirloom gardens. Areas of the property are available for weddings and receptions, reunions, garden parties, meetings, seminars and lectures. Guided tours can accommodate both small and large groups. (Submitted on December 11, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,960 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.