Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Granger in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Granger City Hall

(Farmers State Bank)

 
 
Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank) Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
1. Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank) Marker
Inscription.  

Erected in 1908-09, this building originally housed Farmers State Bank, the second banking institution founded in Granger. The bank closed in 1926 and the building became the Granger City Hall in 1929. An architectural hybrid of the late 19th century Victorian era, it exhibits influences of Italianate, Moorish, and Romanesque design styles. It is one of the few remaining buildings that reflect Granger's prosperous economy during the early 20th century.
Recorded Texas Historical Landmark - 1994
 
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9100.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
 
Location. 30° 43.05′ N, 97° 26.448′ W. Marker is in Granger, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on East Davilla Street (County Route 361) near South Willis Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 212 East Davilla Street, Granger TX 76530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Young House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brick Streets in Granger (approx. ¼ mile away); A. A. & Mary Spacek House (approx. ¼ mile away); Granger High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Granger Brethren Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Macedonia Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Granger.
 
Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
2. Granger City Hall (Farmers State Bank)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 11, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,059 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=4150

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 23, 2024