Mercer in Mercer County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
General Hugh Mercer
Erected 1917 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and The Pennsylvania Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War, French and Indian • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1758.
Location. 41° 13.632′ N, 80° 14.341′ W. Marker is in Mercer, Pennsylvania, in Mercer County. Marker is on North Diamond Street, 0 miles east of Perry Highway (U.S. 19). Located on the right column support of the Mercer County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mercer PA 16137, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker Mercer County (here, next to this marker); The Mercer Soldiers Orphans School (a few steps from this marker); Pandenarium (approx. 2.7 miles away); Johnston Tavern (approx. 5.4 miles away); Clay Furnace (approx. 7.6 miles away); Neshannock Potato (approx. 8.1 miles away); War Memorial (approx. 8.3 miles away); The Grove City Honor Roll (approx. 8.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mercer.
Also see . . .
1. American Revolution - General Hugh Mercer. (Submitted on April 11, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. Hugh Mercer at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on April 15, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 764 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 10, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on April 15, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.