Corning in Tehama County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
It was then rebuilt by Gus Liersch the following year of 1900. It was once again rebuilt and modernized in 1927 by Otto Liersch. California Miners traveling by rail to the Gold Fields of Weaverville and French Gulch most often stayed at this hotel as it often provided well furnished rooms with the best of attendants at the rate of one or two dollars a day and offered meals at all hours, with the finest ingredients the markets had to offer.
Transport to and from the Train Station was provided to it's patrons free of charge.
Lassen Loomis Chapter 1914 of
E Clampus Vitus
Erected 2007 by E Clampus Vitus, Lassen Loomis Chapter 1914.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 28, 1999.
Location. 39° 55.668′ N, 122° 10.942′ W. Marker is in Corning, California, in Tehama County. Marker is at the intersection of Solano Street and Fifth Street, on the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1301 Solano Street, Corning CA 96021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Hotel Maywood (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Maywood Woman's Clubhouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Lassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site (approx. 6.6 miles away); Western Star Lodge No. 2 Free and Accepted Masons (approx. 6.9 miles away); First Seat of Tehama County Government (approx. 7½ miles away); Tehama County Museum Foundation (approx. 7.6 miles away); Old Tehama County Jail (approx. 7.6 miles away); The Tehama Railroad Bridge (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corning.
Regarding Miners Inn. In April 2011 the Miners Inn was closed and for sale. One real estate listing noted that the ground floor had 3-4 retail units, and the upper floors 8-10 residential units, and that the building could easily by restored to the 32-room hotel and saloon that it once was.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 647 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 21, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.