Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sapulpa in Creek County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
 

Earle Berryhill Building

 
 
Earle Berryhill Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., January 16, 2011
1. Earle Berryhill Building Marker
Inscription.  
Headright oil income of Earle, Creek Roll No. NB988 (a minor), utilized as an investment for him by his father Theodore, Cr. No. 2519 (son of George W.), built this building, completed in 1909.

Earliest Tenants
American National Bank, Ground Floor
Graham & Welch Clothing Store, Ground Floor
Uden Book Store, Ground Floor
Joe Bruner, Second Floor
John Ellinghausen, Second Floor
Tom Wallace, Second Floor
Sapulpa Refinery, Second Floor
Lloyd Anderson Agency, Third Floor
McDougal & Lytle, Third Floor
Hugh Mackay, Third Floor
C. J. Davenport & Judge Thrift, Third Floor
W. V. Pryor & C. B. Rockwood, Third Floor
C. W. Lively, Third Floor
H. H. Davis, County Assessor, Fourth Floor
Jesse Burgess, County Superintendent, Fourth Floor
Vic Decker, County Attorney, Fourth Floor
Jack Bruin, County Treasurer, Fifth Floor
Gus Corey, District Court Clerk, Fifth Floor

Building managed by O. B. Pickett, 1930-1974

Plaque erected - Bicentennial Year, 1976 by John and Sally (Berryhill, No. CNB988) Bingman and their sons, Brooks Earle, No. CNB988,
Earle Berryhill Building NRHP Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., January 16, 2011
2. Earle Berryhill Building NRHP Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Bradd Bishop, No. CNB988, John Brian, No. CNB988

——————

This building listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 1999

Built: 1910, Substantially rehabilitated: 2000
 
Erected 1976 by John and Sally (Berryhill, No. CNB988) Bingman Family.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 35° 59.909′ N, 96° 6.808′ W. Marker is in Sapulpa, Oklahoma, in Creek County. Marker is on Dewey Avenue (State Highway 66) near Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Building is along Historic Route 66. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14-20 East Dewey Street, Sapulpa OK 74066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sapulpa (approx. one mile away); Rock Creek Bridge (approx. 1.3 miles away); Glenn Pool (approx. 6.3 miles away); First Gas Processing Plant West of Mississippi River (approx. 6.4 miles away); Twin Mounds Community (approx. 7.1 miles away); Twin Mounds Cemetery and Community (approx. 7.1 miles away); The Motoring Public 1926 (approx. 8.7 miles away); A New Century 1901-1926 (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sapulpa.
 
Earle Berryhill Building & Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., January 16, 2011
3. Earle Berryhill Building & Markers
On either side of entrance
Earle Berryhill Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., January 16, 2011
4. Earle Berryhill Building
Frontispiece Over Berryhill Bldg Entrance image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., January 16, 2011
5. Frontispiece Over Berryhill Bldg Entrance
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 722 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=41978

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 12, 2022