Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Barre Center in Orleans County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Braggs Corners

 
 
Braggs Corners Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Pamela Scott, May 16, 2011
1. Braggs Corners Marker
Inscription.  Solomon Bragg with son Nathan were first settlers west of Barre Center. Blazed forest trail to this place where they built a cabin in 1818
 
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1818.
 
Location. 43° 10.069′ N, 78° 13.357′ W. Marker is in Barre Center, New York, in Orleans County. Marker is at the intersection of West Barre Road (County Route 99) and Bragg Schoolhouse Road, on the right when traveling west on West Barre Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13911 W Barre Rd, Albion NY 14411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. KUM BA YAH (Come By Here) (approx. 1.8 miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); Elisha Wright (approx. 2.3 miles away); Orleans County Alms House Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Elba Mucklands (approx. 3.3 miles away); "Santa Claus" (approx. 4.8 miles away); House of Refuge
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 5.2 miles away); Journalist, Terry Anderson (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Barre Center.
 
Braggs Corners Marker seen in the distance image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Pamela Scott, May 16, 2011
2. Braggs Corners Marker seen in the distance
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 20, 2011, by Pamela Scott of Brockport, New York. This page has been viewed 479 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 20, 2011, by Pamela Scott of Brockport, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=42577

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024