Richfield Springs in Otsego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
French War - 1757
Guided by Indians
sought sulphur deposit
site Great Sulphur Spring
opened to public 1820
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, French and Indian.
Location. 42° 51.194′ N, 74° 58.983′ W. Marker is in Richfield Springs, New York, in Otsego County. Marker is on East Main Street (U.S. 20), on the right when traveling west. Marker is beside the sidewalk in the municipal park, Spring Park, opposite the Village Motel at 168 East Main Street (Route 20) Richfield Springs, NY 13439. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 169 Main Street, Richfield Springs NY 13439, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ganowauges (a few steps from this marker); Richfield Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Brighton (approx. 2.6 miles away); John Tunnicliff Jr (approx. 3.4 miles away); Public Library (approx. 4.7 miles Masonic Lodge (approx. 5.4 miles away); Petrie’s Corners (approx. 6.1 miles away); Hyde Hall (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richfield Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 28, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 546 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 28, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.